Monday, September 8, 2014

Denver Botanic Gardens
























This past Sunday was quite a day full of adventure. We (my boyfriend, his sister and myself) started the morning off with breakfast in Fort Collins, and road tripped it down to Denver to see the Chihuly Exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens

Dale Chihuly, born in Tacoma,Washington, is credited with revolutionizing the Studio Glass movement. It is said that he has elevated the perception of the glass medium from realm of craft to fine art. And let me tell you, I was absolutely blown away by his artwork...get what I did there ;)  I know I'm a sucker for terrible puns. 

I have been to the Chihuly Exhibit in Seattle, but Denver was a completely different experience. The mixed mediums of nature, and glass was absolutely breathtaking. The Denver Botanic Gardens was the perfect place for this exhibition. My favorite parts to explore were the Internationally Inspired Gardens. I loved seeing the Scripture Gardens and the Japanese Tea House.

Even though it's safe to say we walked probably 2-3 miles around the Gardens, we all left feeling so refreshed and rejuvenated. There's just something about being among nature that is so soothing to me.

If that wasn't enough, we finished the day off at the Great Divide Brewery. It was a day full of nature, art, booze and meatball sandwiches...what more could you ask for? 

-----------------------

When was the last time you did something for the first time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment