Thursday, September 5, 2013

Iced Green Tea





Iced green tea, my favorite summer drink. It is almost guaranteed that our household has a pitcher of this in our fridge at all times. Not only is iced green tea a refreshing drink for the hottest Texas days, but it also is packed with health benefits. Green tea is said to help with skincare, diabetes, heart disease, depression, weight loss, and even some forms of cancer.

I always like to make my own iced green tea, that way it's not packed with unnecessary sugars. I first start by heating up a pot of water. I then steep my decaffeinated green tea bags. Sometimes I like to mix my green tea with other tea flavors too, such as mint or jasmine. After about 5 minutes, I take out the tea bags and begin to add honey. I prefer local honey due to the fact that local honey is supposed to help with allergies. The honey in these pictures was one of my farmer market finds during my recent trip to Fort Collins, Colorado. BEST honey I have had thus far. You can usually find local honey in your regional grocery stores, or even farmers markets. We usually add 3-5 tablespoons of honey (we like it sweet) but this is totally dependent on your preferred taste. You can add tablespoons, and taste as you go. It's important to add the honey while hot, or else it will be more difficult to mix when the tea is already iced. Finally, it's time to put some ice in a cup and pour in your freshly brewed tea. Voila, thirst quencher. 


No comments:

Post a Comment