Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Mongolia : Day 3


On day 3 we woke up early to participate in the morning chants of the Monks at Amarbayasgalant Monastery, which was absolutely amazing! Right once we walked in we were greeted with the fresh morning breeze, and smell of incense. 


The Buddhist Temples in Mongolia were adorned with color and small details. Here is a shot of the temple right once we walked in. Even after two weeks of visiting temples, this one was my favorite in terms of decor. 

Around 9 am the monks started to fill in the temple and begin their daily morning chants. I wasn't able to get too many pictures or videos of the monks, but I did manage to get a quick clip of the chanting. I know it's not professional quality, but it's enough so you can get a gist of what the prayers were like.








After the Monastery, we started our journey North towards Lake Huvsgul. Lucky for us, some local cattle snuck in to wish us safe travels along the way.


Our second ger camp was one of my favorites in terms of activities. There was a lot of open land for some mid-afternoon exploring. After an hour or so of walking, my sister, Hannah, Amelie and I managed to hike to the top of a Burial Ground. Here we paid our respects and admired the beauty of Mongolia's landscape. 

           



After our day full of eating, driving and hiking, we retired early to prepare ourselves for the next day's morning hike. Might I add, any opportunity to hike was welcomed in our book as we were being fed like royalty throughout the two weeks in Mongolia. 










No comments:

Post a Comment