Tuesday, June 9, 2015

little red bandana




As you know by now my Summer Collection, Deep in the Heart, was heavily inspired by Texas and my love for the South. One of my favorite Summer accessories is a good ol' fashioned little red bandana. This classic piece can be worn all sorts of different ways. Free People even wrote a blog post regarding how they style this quintessential Americana accessory. That being said, I wanted to show off the 3 ways I wear my bandana most, and how I styled it with our recent Little Pieces of Hope Summer items.


               Rosie the Riveter


A simple solution to beat the heat in the Summer is a simple bandana wrap. I love to tie mine up at the top of my head with the ends untucked for a more rugged, Rosie the Riveter-type look. If any of you ladies are headed to a music festival this Summer, bring your bandana, soak it in water, and tie around your head and/or neck. This will keep you cool in between sets! Try this look with our new Texas Trio Earrings, as seen in the picture above. 


                             Cowboy

This is a look I borrowed from all those Western Cowboy movies my step-dad forced me to watch! One way to keep it a little more feminine than those Cowboys, is to add the LPOH Eddy Bolo Tie, that is adjustable to wear at any height. This look can even transition into the cooler Autumn months with a nice oversized cardigan, or a distressed blue jean jacket if you want to keep it real western.



                      Classic

Last but not least, the classic look. As I stated before in a blog post, I am a big fan of basic items in my closet. I have so many classic white tanks/tees, that it's always nice to find a new way to style them. Take your bandana, roll it up a few times, and double knot loosely around the neck for a quick and easy style and pop of color. For an additional bonus, try adding the Wasson Necklace like I did here.


If you're curious where I got my White Tank, it's from my fave...Free People!






1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing design! How do you come up with really cool designs?This would be the best gift for my princess, she need one for her birthday!!

    ReplyDelete