Saturday, November 29, 2014

small business saturday


Happy Small Business Saturday!

----------------------

Shopping small. A fairly new idea to some, and the only way to shop for others. My favorite part about shopping local, is meeting the people behind the brand. Not only do I enjoy hearing their start up story, but I love seeing the passion behind their eyes when they talk about the things they love.

There are so many benefits to supporting Small Businesses. One of them being, it creates jobs and keeps local residents employed... such as me! Without Small Businesses, Little Pieces of Hope wouldn't be where it is today. 

Since starting LPOH I have been graciously greeted by many other small business owners and I honestly can't tell you how thankful I am for them. Small Businesses have helped me live my dream...and for that I am thankful.

One of the second reasons supporting Small Businesses is important, is it keeps your community creative and unique. Small Businesses and brands are the backbone of Austin. For as long as I can remember Austin's city slogan has been "Keep Austin Weird." Thanks to local companies, we can continue to be weird even through all this transition and growth. Small businesses are the ones who helped Leslie find all his extravagant clothing (or lack there of). Small Businesses are the ones who help feed the homeless...and the hung over. Small businesses are the ones who change the world, and for that I am thankful.

LONG LIVE AUSTIN, & LONG LIVE SMALL BUSINESSES!
----------------------

Here are some of my favorite boutiques and eateries in the cities I love


Austin

 Shopping

Beehive
Cotone
Still & Sea
C.Jane
Teysha


Eateries

Black Sheep Lodge
Soup Peddler
Home Slice
Torchy's Tacos

Other

Black Swan Yoga
HOPE Farmers Market



Fort Collins 

Shopping

Kansas City Kitty
Screamin Peach
Tula

Eateries

Spoons
Gibbs Bagels
Odell's Brewery


Online

Ascot + Hart
Balm Apparel
James Michelle
Seven Seas









No comments:

Post a Comment