Wednesday, April 30, 2014

blueberry + peanut butter smoothie



Recently, I have been trying to make my own smoothies at home because in all honesty, smoothies in Austin are EXPENSIVE! Yeah, they are good, but I can't quite seem to dish out $9-$11 each time I want a delicious treat. So after looking around on Pinterest for a few recipes, I came across one that is definitely my favorite at the moment. It's great for mornings where you just can't find the time to make an elaborate and healthy breakfast. All I do is just throw the ingredients in my NutriBullet (available to buy at Bed, Bath & Beyond) and BOOM a quick and nutritious breakfast on the go!




Blueberry Peanut Butter Smoothie

1 banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup yogurt (I like to use Vanilla Yogurt)
1 cup milk (can substitute w/ Almond Milk if desired)
1 tablespoon Peanut Butter (can substitute with almond butter)
1 teaspoon Honey 

If you really want to be a health nut feel free to add
**1 tablespoon flax seed



No comments:

Post a Comment